Thursday, December 28, 2023

More Bramblings - 28.12.2023

The forecast for today was predicting a sunny and windless day so even though I'm still sick I decided to make another ringing session in the morning.

The plan was identical to the one I had yesterday, but this time no thrushes showed up on the first check of the nets. I saw a small flock of four Fieldfare flying high above the ringing site but that was it.

On the positive side, later during the morning, I ringed two more Bramblings which makes my yearly total of this species 12 (until this year I had only 3 Bramblings ringed at this site).

The totals for today are: 1 Blackbird, 2 Bramblings, 2 Chaffinches, 1 Wren, 1 Sombre tit, 2(2) Blue tits, 3 Great tits and 1 Long-tailed tit.

Sombre tit

Wren

Chaffinch


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 results