Sunday, January 30, 2022

Highlights from January 2022

 For the first time in the last 10 years, I was able to spend more time ringing in January. The species composition is quite different from what I'm used to.

The highlights for this month are the two Fieldfares (Turdus pilaris) that I've ringed. Those are my first Fieldfares (for this site and in general) so you can imagine the levels of adrenaline and joy that I had.

I hope I'll have time in February as well so I could try and ring a few more of those beautiful northern visitors. For now no sign of Redwing, but there is still time.

Here are the totals for January and a few photos(and a video) of the highlights:


Middle Spotted Woodpecker - 1

Sombre Tit - 3

Blue Tit - 8

Great Tit - 37

Long-tailed Tit - 1

Firecrest - 2

Goldcrest - 1

Nuthatch - 2

Fieldfare - 2

Tree Sparrow - 5

Yellowhammer - 3


Sombre tit

Fieldfare

Fieldfare

Middle-spotted woodpecker

Goldcrest

Firecrests




No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 results