Friday, September 23, 2011

Fantastic day

I am in Belogradchik again, but this time it be for only 3 days. Of course in the first morning since I am here , I went to Veshtica and made some very nice ringing today. But why this was a fantastic day ? Because I ringed 3 birds for the first time in my life! These birds were Jay,Yellowhammer and Redstart. Maybe there are not very rare birds ,but it was very exciting experience for me. The totals for today are 10 new birds and 2 retraps:

Great tit-2(2)
Blackbird-1
Song thrush-2
Jay-1
Redstart-1
Yellowhammer-1
Blackcap-1
Greenfinch-1

I'm exhausted and the bed is waiting for me,because tomorrow I won't miss the chance for another fantastic day of ringing.

My first Jay

Song thrush

Me

Greenfinch

Redstart

2 comments:

  1. I also love catching a new bird to ring for the first time... glad you had a good day and hope tomorrow will be just as good. I am also ringing twice this weekend... such a fun hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you good luck and I hope you will have nice ringing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete