Saturday, July 14, 2012

Many birds ,but no ringing....

Today I was planing to make some ringing ,but the weather was way too hot and sunny for mist nets. Last few years I ringed little Red-backed shrikes in July so today I went outside for a walk. I hoped that I will find Red-backed shrike nests and I'll be able to ring some shrikes. But there was a fire last autumn and all the bushes were burned. So I didn't find any nests today. I saw 4 adult male  Red-backed shrikes , one of them was holding a locust in his beak. I thought that he will impale the locust and I'll be able to picture it ,but after 5 minutes the male just ate it :)

On my way back I saw two Storks and one Black Stork (Ciconia nigra).

Here is a picture of a Barn Swallow nest in my house in Veshtica:


And here is my new little,little cat :



Now something sad...this is the result of an idiot driving and drivers...I saw this dead Dice snake (Natrix tessellata). Every day many snakes,turtles and other animals are killed by drivers for no reason...This make me sad..


No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 results